Friday, February 15, 2013

The Day the Blizzard Cancelled Class

Well that was an interesting class. I could certainly handle an online class if they were all similar and as interactive as the one we completed on Saturday during the blizzard.
Last May, many of us were enrolled in the required course of Assessment. My goodness I struggled through that course. It was tough and one sided. You read and responded to articles on a given subject, wrote a short paper, a letter to the Minister of Education and prepared a fake PLC PowerPoint without interacting with a single person. Saturday gave us the opportunity to still come together as a class and interact. INTERACT. Yes, Spencer was sitting on my lap watching what was happening some of the time, but I was still present. I watched and learned about sign language from Tarah and Nancy showed us, yet again, how investing in an iPad is the way to go for students. I really enjoyed the simple way in which Mandy presented her information too. Thanks for heading to the conference for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment